1. This policy
- Whittaker & Company (Harpenden) Limited ("We") are the data controller in relation to personal data we collect from you.
- We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11424085 and have our registered office at 15 Home Farm, Luton Hoo Estate, Bedfordshire LU1 3TD. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting www.whittakerandco.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
2. Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect technical information and information about your visit. This may include clickstream to, though and from our site, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information.
3. Uses made of the information
We use will use information you give to us:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our services; and
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We will use information we collect about you:
- To administer and improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
4. Disclosure of your information
- We will only disclose your personal information:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Whittaker & Company (Harpenden) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Whittaker & Company (Harpenden) Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We will store your personal data for no longer than is reasonably required. We consider this to be the amount of time that we need your personal data in order for us to fulfil our obligations to you under any contract we may enter into.
6. Your rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at our registered office or email@example.com
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Right to lodge a complaint
- While we will endeavour to only use personal data that is relevant to our purpose and to ensure your personal data is kept secure however sometimes errors occur. You have the right to lodge a complaint if you are not satisfied with the way we manage your personal data. You should contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 for more information.
8. Access to information
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.